Motorcycles are a great way to get around, but they can also be dangerous. If you’re not careful, you could end up in a crash. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, motorcyclists are 29 times more likely to die in a crash than drivers or passengers in cars. This is largely due to the fact that motorcycles provide little protection in a crash. In order to stay safe on the road, it is important to be aware of the most common motorcycle crashes and how to avoid them. And if you are caught in motorcycle accidents in Houston, do not forget to call Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Houston.
One of the most common motorcycle accidents is when a rider collides with a car that has pulled out in front of them. To avoid this type of accident, riders should always be on the lookout for cars, especially at intersections. Be sure to yield the right-of-way to cars and never assume that a driver sees you. Here are seven of the most common motorcycle crashes and how to avoid them.
Houston is a bustling city with plenty of motorcycle riders sharing the road. If you’re a motorcycle enthusiast, then you know that there’s nothing quite like the thrill of taking your bike out for a spin. Unfortunately, though, riding a motorcycle can also be risky business, and it’s important to be aware of the most common motorcycle crashes in Houston.
By knowing what to watch out for, you can help keep yourself safe while enjoying the freedom of the open road. So if you’re ready to learn more, keep reading!
1. Lane splitting– Lane splitting is when a motorcycle rider drives between two lanes of traffic, usually to move ahead in stop-and-go traffic. While it may help riders get where they’re going more quickly, lane splitting can also be dangerous. In 2017, there were nearly 5,000 motorcycle accidents in Houston alone. And while not all of these accidents were caused by lane splitting, it’s safe to say that the practice can increase the risk of a crash. If you’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident that was caused by another driver’s careless lane splitting, you may be entitled to compensation. An experienced Houston personal injury attorney can help you understand your legal options and fight for the rights.
2. Riding on wet or icy roads– Riding on wet or icy roads causes motorcycle accidents in Houston every year. Be extra careful and take your time when you must ride in these conditions. Look out for slick spots and be prepared to take evasive action if necessary.
3. Rear-end collisions– Rear-end collisions are among the most common type of accidents on the road, and they often result in serious injuries. If you’ve been involved in a rear-end collision, you may be wondering what your legal options are.
There are a few things to keep in mind if you’ve been involved in a rear-end collision. First, it’s important to know that these types of accidents are often the result of negligence on the part of the driver who rear-ended you. This means that you may be able to recover damages from that driver if you can prove the other driver at fault. Get help of personal injury accident lawyer now!
4. Speeding- Another cause of motorcycle accidents is speeding. Speeding is one of the leading causes of accidents on the road, regardless of what type of vehicle you are driving. It is important to always obey the posted speed limit and to never ride your motorcycle faster than you are comfortable with.
Motorcycle accidents can also be caused by road conditions. Potholes, debris, and even wet weather can all contribute to accidents. It is important to always ride cautiously and to be aware of potential hazards on the road.
5. Running a red light or stop sign– Motorcycle riders are at an increased risk of being involved in an accident if they run a red light or stop sign. This is because they are less visible to other drivers and more likely to be struck by a vehicle that is making a right turn. Riders who fail to yield the right of way are also more likely to cause an accident.
6. Not wearing a helmet– One of the major causes of motorcycle accidents is not wearing a helmet. In fact, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), helmets saved an estimated 1,872 lives in 2017. Helmets are so effective because they protect riders from head injuries, which are a leading cause of death and disability in motorcycle accidents.
However, despite the clear evidence that helmets save lives, many motorcycle riders still choose to ride without one.
7. Sideswipes– This type of accident usually happens when a rider fails to see a car coming up from the side. The best way to avoid this type of accident is to always be aware of your surroundings and to never assume that other drivers can see you.
Another common cause of motorcycle accidents is distracted driving. Distracted driving can include anything from talking on the phone to fiddling with the radio. It is important to always be aware of your surroundings and to never take your eyes off the road for more than a few seconds.
Houston has a high number of motorcycle accidents every year. While most of these accidents are unavoidable, there are some things you can do to reduce your chances of being in an accident. Here, we have discussed some tips for avoiding motorcycle accidents in Houston. Keep reading to learn more!
If you’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident, it’s important to speak with experienced personal injury attorneys as soon as possible. The attorneys at our firm have years of experience representing motorcyclists who have been injured in accidents caused by the negligence of others. We know what to do to get you the compensation you deserve. Contact us today for a free consultation.